Please note: the training is free of charge but registration is required.
The training can be attended on site or online. Due to the current outbreak of the COVID-19 disease, we offer our trainings exclusively online until further notice.
Online participants can join via Microsoft Teams. The link will be sent to you before the event begins.
- 09:30 – 12:00
- Lunch break (one hour)
- 13:00 – 15:00
All times are Central European Summer Time (CEST) between April and November. Central European Time (CET) otherwise.
- Possibilities for CFD with free software
- OpenFOAM history review
- Installation and multicore usage of OpenFOAM
2. Running simple OpenFOAM simulations automated
- Introduction of the project InsightCAE
- Usage of InsightCAE’s GUI to run simulations fully automated on two examples:
- Object in a wind tunnel, determination of resistance
- Internal flow through valve, determination of pressure loss
3. Graphical postprocessing using Paraview
- Concept of Paraview
- Load OpenFOAM results
- Extract section planes, surface contours, isosurfaces, streamlines
4. Build OpenFOAM simulations from scratch
- creation of configuration for snappyHexMesh with graphical preview,
- creation of reasonable Finite-Volume schemes and solution settings,
- setting initial and boundary conditions using Case Builder,
- turbulence modelling (RANS/LES/DES) setup,
- settings for parallelized simulations
5. Direction to more complex tasks and simulations:
- free surface
- mesh refinement
- complex geometries (mesh import/snappyHexMesh)
- Process integration and automatization
- Solving custom questions
The training is free of charge but registration is required.
Please click on the button below to get to the registration form. Alternatively, you can write us an email or call us by phone (+49 381 36 77 98 53).
All upcoming courses