Please note: the prices above are net prices excluding tax. For german customers and non-company customers from abroad, german VAT (19%) has to be added.
The training can be attended on site or online.Online participants can participate via Google Hangouts (a Google account is required). The hangout link will be sent to you before the event begins. Training materials will be mailed to all online participants in advance in hard copy.
- General introduction into thermal simulation using CFD
- Introduction into OpenFOAM for heat transfer analysis
- Theoretical background / basic OpenFOAM theory regarding numerical simulation for heat transfer
- Step by step using OpenFOAM
- Application of all types of boundary conditions for incompressible and compressible flows
- Knowledge to ensure trustful simulations with heat transfer
- Special tutorial cases & extended solvers in OpenFOAM regarding
- heat conduction
- heat radiation
- natural/forced convection
- heat transfer in porous media
- Detailed realisation of test cases by example
- Identification and definition of thermophysical properties for different fluids in OpenFOAM
- Suitable meshing guidelines for heat transfer
- Solver and parameter selection/control
- Creation and conduction of user defined cases covering several topics in heat transfer
- Best Practice Guidelines
- Interpretation of the results
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- lunch break (one hour)
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
LanguageThe course materials are written in English and the course is usually conducted in English. If all participants agree, it is also possible to switch to the German language.
MiscellaneousDrinks and refreshments will be provided for on-site participants. Lunch on each day of the event is included in the price. You will find directions and recommendations for hotels above under the link "Locations".
All Upcoming Events