Please note: the prices above are net prices excluding tax. For german customers and non-company customers from abroad, german VAT (16%) has to be added.
Online participants can join via Microsoft Teams. The link will be sent to you before the event begins.
Training materials will be mailed to all online participants in advance in hard copy.
The training can be attended on site or online. Due to the current outbreak of the COVID-19 disease, we offer our trainings exclusively online until further notice.
- Introduction / Basics of numerical flow simulation with heat transfer with CFD
- Configuration OpenFOAM Environment / Overview of Features
- Basic knowledge of numerical heat transfer
- Avoidance of errors in simulation setup
- Best Practice Guidelines in OpenFOAM2. Grundlegende Bausteine
2. Building Blocks
- Code structure
- Error analysis of the numerical simulation
- Runtime Analysis Mechanism
- Evaluation of results / evaluation of integral characteristic values
- Estimation / error estimation of the results
3. Heat Transfer
- Overview of boundary conditions for heat transfer in OpenFOAM
- Understanding the source code / solver procedures / tools
- Application OpenFOAM Syntax
- Tutorial: Application and Implementation of the Energy Equation in OpenFOAM
- Concept, solution algorithm
- Numerical error analysis
- Variation of material properties
- Tutorial: Heat conduction with different materials and heat sources
- Available solver / classification
- Turbulence models
- Influence of the Prandtl number
- Grid analysis/evaluation
- Compressible / incompressible flows
- Buoyancy currents
- Variation of the boundary conditions
- Wall functions for heat transfer
- Simulation speed up
- Best practice guides
- Practical application with examples for
- free / forced convection
- Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT)
- porous media
- Plate heat exchangers
6. Heat radiation
- Simulation of thermal radiation in OpenFOAM
- Overview of the radiation models (ViewFactor, FvDOM, P1)
- Solar radiation / reflection
- Settings and Setup in OpenFOAM
7. Questions from the participants
Upcoming Events of the course
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- lunch break (one hour)
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
LanguageThe course materials are written in English and the course is usually conducted in English. If all participants agree, it is also possible to switch to the German language.
MiscellaneousDrinks and refreshments will be provided for on-site participants. Lunch on each day of the event is included in the price. You will find directions and recommendations for hotels above under the link "Locations".
How to JoinGo to the reservation form by clicking the button below. Alternatively, you can write us an email or call us by phone (+49 381 36 77 98 53).
Further Upcoming Events